Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Baby Girl- Challenge Me Happy

Happy New Years everyone! Hope everyone has had a great start to 2013. We celebrated very quietly with family here at home, which is my favourite place to be. Today I'm going to have a very busy day. I have decided to move my scraproom! Yikes! When I look around, I know I'm out of space in my present area, so the time has come. I really want to get more into Art Jounalling. I find I'm really enjoying the small bit I've done with it and would really like to devote more time learning and experimenting with different mediums. However in my space now, I have to pack up all my scrapping stuff everytime I want to do something different. It's kind of a pain. I have some other plans for this year of what I want to do scrap wise, but I'll share that at another time once I get them started! In the meantime, I'd like to share a layout I did of Isla for her baby book. I'm a little behind in that as in most of my scrapping! LOL! I found a challenge at Challenge Me Happy. It was a recipe challenge and I don't think I've ever done one of those before, so it had me intrigued to see if I could get all the things required onto the layout. You had to use a quote, stamping, brads, arrows and a bird. I think I did it and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. So here is what I came up with....


 

Materials- Patterned Paper- Bella Blvd Baby Girl, Cardstock- Bazzill, Stickers- Bella Blvd Baby Girl, Doilies- Dollar Store, Brads- Making Memories, Flowers- Prima and Recollections, Ink- Ranger Tim Holtz, Stamps- Pebbles



6 comments:

Lynn said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love all the details! I would say your recipe is a winner!!! Have fun moving your room, I can't wait to see your new space!! Happy New Year Char!! ( and thanks for dinner and good times with the Fam Jam last night)

Cindy Gay said...

How special! Simply adorable photo; lovely layout. Happy New Year Char!

norine said...

Awww, this is SO sweet!! Love all the layering!! thanks for joining our challenge at Challenge Me Happy!!

heidi said...

Charlotte this is just gorgeous, aboslutely adorable. Thanks for taking part in the challenge,

Lisa Dorsey said...

So very pretty? Love the doily And the soft colors!

Unknown said...

What an adorable baby.. great work on the recipe I particularly like the coloured arrows going across the page, they are awesome