Tuesday, April 20, 2010

So I've pretty much been ignoring my blog. For the last couple of weeks, I've been scrappin' up a storm. I'm already in July of 2008, so that's not too bad. However, I"ve lost my mojo. It happened today. I"m not sure why it happened, but it happened. I was doing a layout. I even took a picture of it and posted it and then I realized that it looks just like another layout I had done recently. In fact, when I took a good look, the last 2 layouts that I've done look like 2 others. So I decided then and there, that the mojo is gone. Right now, I don't feel like scrapbooking. I look at fabulous layouts. They are great inspiration. I sit and I stare at them, but I can't do them. Why? What am I missing? For one, I"m missing some great embellishments. I have alot of old stuff. Stuff that I don't like. Stuff that I know I'll never use. I must have liked it at one time, but not any more. I feel guilty about it. I mean, I spent all kinds of money on these things that at one time I obviously liked and wanted. But not anymore. I'm lacking the "pretty" effect. I don't really like to fuss with layouts. I like to get my memories down on paper and be happy with them. I don't have hours to spend doing one layout. Sure they look fabulous, but I just don't have that kind of time. I guess it comes down to why you scrapbook in the first place. I do it to preserve albums and memories for my family. I do yearly albums that contain all the important things that went on during the year. I don't really try to create works of art. I guess that's the great thing about scrapbooking. It serves a different purpose and satisfies a different need in all of us. Not sure how to get the mojo going at the moment. Maybe this funk will pass.

No comments: