Monday, February 10, 2014

You Make Me So Happy

Today at SOUS, the Project Life challenge was to use the negative space of a heart cut out! I used the negative space in a few places on my cards!


First, I cut out a geo tag and used that as one idea, then the arrow with the hearts has the negative space used, but I added some patterned paper onto the back of it. I also made a little card using the negative space of the hearts and backed it with patterned paper. Then I used the negative space of the top of a key which was heart shaped. Although this is a Birthday page, the hearts are appropriate as I love this kid with all my heart! She is the dreamer in our family. Her child-like enthusiasm about everything delights me and she can find pleasure in the smallest of things. She really reminds me to look for the fun in life and not be so serious all the time!

I've been changing up my Project Life process over the weeks here. I had bought a bunch of Becky Higgins kits with the intention of using them as the base of my pages, but I realized very quickly that this wasn't going to work for me. The reason I started Project Life in the first place was to use up some of my older kits and materials, so what I'm doing now is combining the two together. I use the journaling cards from Becky along with whatever other paper and embellishments I want to use up. I have enough of the Project Life kits to have an assortment of many different colors, so I'm sure to match just about everything I own! LOL! I think this is a better fit for me for now!

Remember SOUS is giving away a Scrappy Prize at the end of the month to one lucky participant from our challenges, so be sure to pop on over to the blog and join in the fun!

3 comments:

Nanne said...

So much fun Char.. Loving all of these PL pages your creating..
hugs
Nanné

Lynn said...

I love all the hearts! A perfect page!

Unknown said...

Love the colors on this. Great spread