Friday, January 18, 2013

Baby Love- SOUS

Reveal day at SOUS today and we have a fantastic sketch done by the very talented Nanne! Take a look at this....
Full of so many possibilities! What I decided to do was to rotate the sketch because of the photos that I wanted to use. It ended up looking like this....


 I love that working with sketches gives you some opportunities for creative license. It makes them so versatile and you could really use the same one over again and who would be the wiser? I used some Bella Blvd papers for this layout of Laya and Aaron meeting their new little niece and god-daughter on the day she was born. Parts of this layout came together as a rather comedy of errors that I had to fix because I didn't want to start the layout over again. In the end, I think it turned out kind of cute!

Materials- Patterned Paper- Bella Blvd Baby Girl, Cardstock- Bazzill, Buttons- Pebbles, Metal Embellishments- Making Memories and Pebbles, Twine- The Twinery, Doilies- Dollar Store, Stickers- Bella Blvd Baby Girl, Rub-ons- Making Memories, Punch- Martha Stewart

13 comments:

Lynn said...

This is way too cute. I LOVE the polka dot background and all the elements you added. Love that you took that "creative license" with the sketch!

Tracey Gregory said...

Great way to make the sketch your own!!

Unknown said...

It certainly is cute Charlotte. The papers are perfect, with their nursery colours. And, all the little embellishments are way too cute... Hugs xx

Laura Gilhuly said...

So adorable! Wonderful!

Shona said...

perfect soft colors.....beautiful

Carole Wright said...

Hi this is really cute, and lovely fresh colours, love it.

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

your take on the sketch is so fun and inviting! love the soft colors and the polka dots!

Cindy Gay said...

Sweet pictures and page!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, you are too funny! I have some of those comedies myself! Love how skillfully you work with strong, bright colors .. something that is hard for me! Way cute!

annette said...

so adorable I love the pix & your paper choice perfect !! hugz xx

Anonymous said...

So girly and pretty!

Fern said...

Charlotte, this is soooo cute!!! I love the fun colors!!! Hope you have a wonderful week!! Hugs!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Absolutely wonderful page! I love the photos so much - very sweet and heartwarming. You scrapped them beautifully with the sketch as your guide! I love this page - thanks for sharing!!!!!!!