Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Believe- Art Journal


These are the pages that we did for our November Art Class at my LSS given by Limor Webber. This was a really fun project to do and I learned many  new things. We worked with the Tim Holtz tissue paper for the background, which I absolutely adore. Apparently it also comes in butterflies, which I'm definitely going to have to check out. The tissue was then inked with chalk ink. A great technique to use when applying this is to use a baby wipe. It gives it kind of a water color look and softens the tone. We added some modelling paste with stencils to create a background of trees and snow. Then we made some snowdrifts with modelling paste. The whole thing really sparkles IRL because we embossed it with sticky embossing powder and then sprinkled glitter over top. I didn't even know there was such a thing as sticky embossing powder, but it's a very interesting medium to use. Limor has some great ideas to use when doing Art Pages and this class was a wealth of knowledge for me.


1 comment:

Lynn said...

This is so pretty! Isn't it fun to learn all those new techniques!!! Perfect winter page!