Friday, October 26, 2012

Remember Today

 It's time for another sketch challenge at SOUS! This week Nanne has provided us with a great sketch to work with!  I love all the layering on this one. Make sure you pop on over to the blog to see what the designers have come up with! Always some great inspiration to be had. If you decide to give the sketch a try yourself, you could be chosen as one of the Top 3 and have your layout featured on the blog.


This is my interpretation of the sketch! This is Laya and Renee on the night of Laya's stagette. The girls got all dressed up for a night on the town. Renee was too young to go out clubbing with them, but she did get to go for the dinner which was alot of fun for her.

The tags for this layout were kind of an accident. I had blended some different colors of ink onto a manilla tag but the effect was too dark. I wanted something more muted, so I thought I'd start again on the tag and use different colors. I didn't want to waste the tag, so I just painted some gesso on overtop, but once I saw the effect it made, I really liked it, so I kept the tags like that. I also used a new stencil I had gotten for the chicken wire and just inked over it. Fun and easy!

Materials- Patterned Paper- Echo Park For the Record 2, Stickers and Chipboard- Echo Park For the Record 2 Layered Chipboard and Element Stickers, Twine- The Twinery, Tags- unknown from my stash, Stencil- The Crafters Workshop, Ink- Ranger- Tim Holtz, Doily- Dollar Store

10 comments:

annette said...

beautiful LO of the girls Charlotte .. your tags are a very clever 'accident' ... what a great stencil of chicken wire I'll have to seek that one out !!! hugz

Tracey Gregory said...

Very cute! Don't you love when playing with media turns out better than you thought!

Nanne said...

Such a cute layout.. Love that you went a different direction than Halloween with your layout.. Its absolutely beautiful
Hugs
Nanné

Anonymous said...

Hiya sweetie!
Really great page, as Nanne said, certainly not something that had to be Halloween since
the bones of the sketch were just really awesome!
I love what you've done...I was wondering about the photo and love the story about it...keep
those young ones away as long as you can! LOL! So so fun though!

Night!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great page, Charlote! I've been eyeing it for a while now on the projects blog. I just got the chicken wire stencil too .. the reverse one .. and can't wait to play! Adore these colors!

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout Charlotte, loving the fresh feel it has, and what a great photo of the girls. The chicken wire sounds like something I need to try, I'm not that adventurous usually, more a product than technique kinda girl...lol. Love the story behind the tags, happy days... Hugs xx

Kristin K. said...

Super cute layout! I am a new follower. I found you over at sb.com. You can find me at www.kristinscraftcorner.blogspot.com. Have a great day!

Shona said...

this is beautiful and I bet they had so much fun :) love this

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Life is better with gesso! It covers a multitude of creative sins, turning them into praise items! Lol. Great layout and I live that mask!

Sandi Smith said...

Just love this..it is gorgeous!It`s been a pleasure designing with you and i will continue to follow your beautiful work!Love your blog look!